December 24, 2010

Guacamole - Avocado Dip (Avokado Sos)



Hmm, so I was updating the photo for this post (today Jan 16, 2011) — when somehow deleted the whole post! You think that I would actually have a back up of my blog entry...well, unfortunately I didn't. 

Fortunately, I did remember I found this recipe off the SBS website, so here it is:

Ingredients

3 ripe avocados
½ fresh jalapeno chilli (optional)
2 tsp chopped coriander (I didn't use this)
Spanish onion, chopped
1 tomato, diced
Juice of ½ lime (I think I used lemon)
1 tsp salt

Preparation
  1. Halve the avocados, remove the seed and using a spoon scoop the flesh into a bowl. Add chilli, coriander and a little onion.
  2. Mash together with a fork. Add tomato and lime juice and season with salt. Gently fold through.
Note:

Guacamole should be made just before serving. Returning the seed of the avocado to the mixture will help keep the guacamole green.

4 comments:

Ninni said...

This must be the avocado dip that sat beside the quesadilla!

Missed out hardcore ..

I will wait for the next date! Looks yummaay.

Ninni xx

zerrin said...

I haven't used avocado yet! Shame on me! Maybe I can start using it with the help of your recipe!

Dilzy said...

Thanks Guys, Sorry Zerrin, it took me a while to update but it's finally up!

Hubby said...

It's late at night and i feel like mexican food. Damn you avocado dip.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...