- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 500g beef mince
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- black pepper and salt to taste
- small handful pickled jalapeno,chopped
- 1 small hot chilli pepper (fresh)
- 2 cups soaked and blanched red kidney beans (or beans in a can)
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Fry garlic in olive oil for about 1 minute
- add onion and cook onion for about 5 minutes. Make sure it goes golden brown, keep stirring whilst cooking
- add mince, and stir whilst cooking for about another 5 minutes, or until it changes to a light colour.
- add spices
- add fresh chilli
- add tomato paste and pickled jalapenos
- add diced tomatoes and add the beef stock last.
- bring to boil and then simmer for 45 minutes
- now add the pre soaked and blanched beans (you can use beans in a can)
- cook for another 45 minutes.
- serve with tortilla bread, sour cream, grated cheese.